The Chelsea Pub assumes full responsibility for the protection of personal information under its control. The information collected, used, communicated, kept or destroyed is governed by this policy with the aim of protecting the privacy of all individuals.
In order to ensure optimal protection of personal information, the Privacy Officer at Chelsea Pub must:
- Oversee and review internal practices and procedures for handling personal information, as well as compliance with current legislation;
- Suggest measures to ensure the ongoing protection of personal information that are consistent with Privacy Impact Assessments;
- Implement the necessary measures within the company to ensure the protection of information;
- Ensuring staff compliance and training in best practices for protecting personal information;
- Coordinate, investigate and respond to privacy requests and complaints;
- Communicate with the person(s) concerned and the Commission d'accès à l'information (CAI) in the event of a data leak or any other incident; and,
- Keep a register of incidents relating to personal data.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data collected allows the Chelsea Pub to carry out its functions and activities in accordance with applicable laws and standards. The Chelsea Pub collects personal data only when it is necessary and for specific, pre-defined purposes. Personal data is collected directly from the person concerned and with his or her consent, unless an exception is provided by law. The Chelsea Pub ensures that personal information is collected for justified, clear and specific reasons and with the free and informed consent of the individual.
If you wish to reserve a table, rent a room/organize an event, receive more information about our establishment or make an online purchase, we collect the personal information you provide in order to :
- Closing a transaction ;
- Contact you if necessary.
We collect personal information directly from you when you fill out our online form, make an online purchase or call us to make a reservation. If you make an online reservation, the information is collected via our reservation platform. This information may include:
- Your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and credit card information;
- Informations about your reservation or event;
- Data on the use of our services, including those of some of our partners.
We recommend that you do not transmit payment information via email or social media. To protect your personal data, please only send it to us via the booking engine on our website or by telephone.
LIMITS ON THE USE OF PERSONAL DATA
The Chelsea Pub is required to provide certain data to satisfy legal and regulatory audit requirements and processes. Personal data will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, unless required by law. Uses may vary, but could include and are not limited to:
- Billing and invoicing;
- Personalization of services;
- Communications with guests;
- Security management;
- Complaints and claims management;
- Data analysis;
- Compliance with legal obligations.
The use of personal data must be limited to the purposes for which customers have given their explicit consent.
We collect and use your personal data only if necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
Duration of data retention
Personal data will only be kept for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, in accordance with applicable laws.
Security and protection of personal data
Personal data will be adequately protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, loss or destruction. The Chelsea Pub takes all reasonable precautions and has implemented significant physical and technical measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful use of or access to personal data. These measures include the following:
- The use of data only when necessary;
- Ensuring the confidentiality and protection of personal data that comes to the attention of an individual during the course of their responsibilities, unless explicit authorization for disclosure is granted by the concerned part;
- Protection of files with selective and limited access to authorized persons;
- A commitment to the use of security standards for the protection of credit card data;
- Details regarding the data retention period and the policy for routinely purging obsolete data;
- A promise to notify customers promptly in the event of a data breach;
- Immediate withdrawal of access following employee dismissal.
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
Information may be passed on to third parties to the extent necessary for the purposes of the activities mentioned. The Chelsea Pub undertakes to ensure that such third parties comply with the same data protection standards.
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except in the following cases:
- To business partners, for example, for online reservation and purchasing services (disclosed by the customer during transactions);
- When required by law or governmental authority.
Commitment to transparency
The Chelsea Pub is committed to being transparent about the handling, procedures and purposes for which personal information is collected from customers.
Rights of individuals involved
The Chelsea Pub is committed to respecting the rights of customers with regard to data protection, in particular the right to access, rectify, delete, limit the processing of their data, oppose the processing of their data and request the portability of their data. The Chelsea Pub is also committed to providing customers with the means to exercise their rights.
Customers have the right to withdraw their consent at any time. For any consultation, withdrawal and/or modification of personal data, you may contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may withdraw your consent to the disclosure of your personal information at any time. A written request must be submitted to our Privacy Officer. A reply will be provided within 30 days of receipt.
When consent is withdrawn, the Chelsea Pub must stop using the personal data for which consent was given.
Restrictions on the use of data to specific, predefined purposes
Personal data will not be used for discriminatory, illegal or abusive purposes, nor will it be collected in an excessive or disloyal manner.
Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, unless required by law.
FILING A COMPLAINT
Fraudulent use of personal data is a serious offense that may be subject to disciplinary action, including dismissal, and/or legal prosecution.
An individual who believes that his or her personal data has been collected, retained, used, disclosed or destroyed in a manner inconsistent with the provisions of this policy may file a confidential complaint with our Privacy Officer. The individual will be asked to provide his or her name, contact information, including a telephone number, as well as the purpose and reasons for the complaint. Sufficient detail must be provided to enable the complaint to be properly assessed. A response will be provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint. If the complaint is insufficiently specific, the Privacy Officer may request any additional information deemed necessary to assess the complaint. The Privacy Officer will investigate the complaint, minimize any damage and take any necessary corrective action.
It is also possible to file a complaint with the Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec (CAI). However, the Chelsea Pub encourages those concerned to first contact the person responsible for the protection of personal data and to await the conclusion of the planned treatment process.
This policy is approved by Old Chelsea Square's Privacy Officer.
248 Old Chelsea, Chelsea, QC, J9B 1J3
For all requests, questions or comments regarding this policy, please contact the Privacy Officer by email.